A 72-year-old woman had survived lung cancer and a brain tumor and was looking forward to being able to leave her nursing home for the holidays. Unfortunately, her family is now grieving the wrongful death of the woman who died from salmonella poising. Health investigators discovered that the nursing home’s peanut butter was tainted by a strain of salmonella that has been making people sick across the country. The woman’s daughter had served her mother peanut butter toast a week before she died, preparing it at the nursing home. Two other nursing home residents have died do to the salmonella peanut butter. The infection can be fatal in young, elderly or frail people. The family has sued the manufacturer, Peanut Corp of America and the distributor, King Nut. Co., alleging negligence. To read more about the peanut butter recall and the effect on nursing homes, click here.