A 72-year old Dover man died in 2003 resulting from a nurse at Green Valley Pavilion nursing home inserting a feeding tube into his abdominal cavity instead of his stomach. The man subsequently died sepsis and peritonitis that resulted when food that was deposited in his abdomen poisoned the man.
The nurse was charged with patient abuse and a civil suit is pending. The suit alleges the nurse was aware of protocol that provided nurses were not supposed to replace recently implanted tubes.
For the full article: