List of Nursing Homes in Kane County and Lake County Overwhelmed by Coronavirus Infections
Long-term care facility residents in Illinois remain at high risk of being affected by COVID-19 as outbreaks across the state increase among residents and staff. Many of the residents already have several infectious disease risk factors associated with living in a community setting and are battling chronic medical conditions, but the lack of oversight and control measures over the virus by facility owners and administrators have only made matters worse.
On Friday, June 5, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) reported a jump in coronavirus and deaths at skilled nursing facilities in Kane County and Lake County.
Kane County Nursing Homes Reporting COVID-19 Infections (June 5, 2020)
Kane County sits alongside metropolitan Chicago, Naperville, and Elgin. It is home to BRIA of Geneva, a facility with the highest number of COVID-19 deaths and the largest outbreak of the virus, according to IDPH.
- Alden Courts of Waterford: 7 cases, 0 deaths
- Alden of Waterford: 36 cases, 9 deaths
- Aperion Care Elgin: 4 cases, 0 deaths
- Arden Courts of Geneva: 7 cases, 2 deaths
- Asbury Gardens: 69 cases, 16 deaths
- Avondale Estates of Elgin: 30 cases, 1 death
- Batavia Rehabilitation: 5 cases, 1 death
- Bickford of Aurora: 29 cases, 7 deaths
- BRIA of Geneva: 132 cases, 27 deaths
- Bright Oaks of Aurora: 6 cases, 0 deaths
- Brighton Garden of St. Charles: 3 cases, 1 death
- Citadel of Elgin: 8 cases, 1 death
- Elmwood Terrace: 28 cases, 5 deaths
- Presence Fox Knoll: 14 cases, 2 deaths
- Fox River Rehab/Healthcare: 49 cases, 10 deaths
- GreenFields of Geneva: 3 cases, 0 deaths
- Grove of St. Charles: 10 cases, 2 deaths
- Heritage Health Therapy: 36 cases, 2 deaths
- Highland Oaks: 6 cases, 0 deaths
- Jennings Terrace: 3 cases, 0 deaths
- Northern Illinois Academy: 8 cases, 0 deaths
- River Glen: 6 cases, 0 deaths
- Sunnymere: 11 cases, 0 deaths
- Symphony of Orchard Valley: 114 cases, 20 deaths
- The Grove of Fox Valley: 6 cases, 0 deaths
- The Sheridan at Tyler Creek: 4 cases, 0 deaths
- Tower Hill Healthcare: 134 cases, 18 deaths
- White Oaks at South Elgin: 5 cases, 1 death
Lake County Nursing Homes Reporting COVID-19 Infections (June 5, 2020)
Located north of Chicago’s Cook County, Lake County is also the second most wealthy county in Illinois, proving that even the most expensive and top-rated nursing home care systems do have failures in providing quality and basic care support to residents.
- Arboria of Long Grove: 4 cases, 0 deaths
- Auberge at Lake Zurich: 8 cases, 1 death
- Autumn Leaves of Gurnee: 34 cases, 0 deaths
- Avantara Long Grove: 188 cases, 23 deaths
- Azpira Place of Lake Zurich: 8 cases, 0 deaths
- Balmoral Care Center: 11 cases, 2 deaths
- Bayside Terrace: 71 cases, 1 death
- Belmont Village Buffalo Grove: 61 cases, 18 deaths
- Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes: 6 cases, 0 deaths
- Captain James A. Lovell FHCC: 40 cases, 4 deaths
- Cedar Lake: 16 cases, 8 deaths
- Claridge Health Center: 60 cases, 17 deaths
- Elevate Care Riverwoods: 59 cases, 11 deaths
- Elevate Care Waukegan: 74 cases, 10 deaths
- Kiley Development: 33 cases, 1 death
- Lexington of Lake Zurich: 42 cases, 12 deaths
- Libertyville Manor: 18 cases, 4 deaths
- Pavilion of Waukegan: 5 cases, 0 deaths
- Prairieview at the Garlands: 4 cases, 0 deaths
- Radford Green at Sedgebrook: 31 cases, 5 deaths
- Riverside Foundation: 66 cases, 5 deaths
- Rolling Hills Manor: 8 cases, 0 deaths
- Rolling Hills Place: 7 cases, 1 death
- Sheridan at Green Oaks: 18 cases, 1 death
- Spring Meadows Libertyville: 5 cases, 0 deaths
- Sunrise Senior Living – Gurnee: 2 cases, 0 deaths
- Symphony Buffalo Grove: 31 cases, 1 death
- Terrace Nursing Home: 42 cases, 10 deaths
- The Auberge at Highland Park: 7 cases, 3 deaths
- The Grove by the Lake: 59 cases, 8 deaths
- The Solana Deer Park: 17 cases, 3 deaths
- The Village at Victory Lakes: 14 cases, 1 death
- The Wellshire Lincolnshire: 5 cases, 1 death
- Victory Centre, 3 cases, 0 deaths
- Victory Lakes Continuing Care: 12 cases, 3 deaths
- Warren Barr Lincolnshire: 33 cases, 1 death
- Warren Barr North Shore: 75 cases, 14 deaths
- Wauconda Care: 62 cases, 17 deaths
- Whitehall of Deerfield: 39 cases, 3 deaths
- Winchester House: 24 cases, 5 deaths
State health officials announced 658 new cases of the coronavirus Monday, June 8, and 23 additional deaths from COVID-19. Illinois’ total now stands at 128,415 confirmed infections and 5,924 known deaths.
Are You Ready to Share Your Coronavirus Nursing Home Story to Help Others?
As COVID-19 continues to spread, it has also magnified systemic breakdowns, such as understaffing, within Illinois’ long-term care facilities, nursing homes, or assisted living centers. After this latest release of reported data by IDPH, more than half of the COVID-19-related fatalities in Illinois have now occurred at these facilities.
According to IDPH, each week, thousands of cases of COVID-19 are being traced to skilled nursing facilities in Illinois, proving that nursing homes still aren’t doing enough to prevent the spread of the infectious disease. It is time for families and care workers to act. We need to make others aware of these shortcomings so that fewer residents succumb to the novel coronavirus and its fatal risk.
To continue our work, we are asking anyone who has information about the outbreak of COVID-19 in an Illinois long-term care facility, to SPEAK UP for our most vulnerable citizens. This includes nursing home residents and their family members, and nursing home employees with whistleblower complaints and stories of distress and unsafe working environments.
Chicago Attorneys Leading the Fight Against Nursing Home Negligence
At Levin & Perconti, we have the experience and resources to investigate claims and are currently standing up to violators who choose not to protect residents and staff from harm. If you are considering a legal case against an Illinois nursing home related to COVID-19 or want to share your story to help others, please contact us for a free consultation at 877-374-1417 or 312-332-2872 and fill out the Tell Us Your Story Form. All calls and discussions with our Chicago nursing home negligence attorneys are confidential.