Leading Lawyers Magazine Features Attorney Margaret P. Battersby Black
Attorney and Partner at Levin & Perconti, Margaret P. Battersby Black recently appeared in Leading Lawyers Magazine where she led the article by sharing her legal philosophy: to ensure her clients’ wrongs are righted. She continued, “I want to make sure they have a voice,” says Battersby Black, “and that those who take advantage of others are held accountable.”
Margaret grew up in Michigan, alongside family members who ignited her legal career. She says her father, Michael Battersby, also a personal injury attorney, inspired her as he “was always fighting for the underdogs” and his work left an impression on her. She went on to earn her undergraduate degree at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor and her law degree at Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Margaret joined Levin & Perconti as a law clerk in 2006, was promoted to associate attorney in 2008 and was named Partner in 2014. Since, she has grown a family with her husband, including two young children and had a run of successful cases and many notable settlements involving falls, pressure sores and medication errors on behalf of individuals and families in lawsuits related to nursing home abuse and negligence.
- $17.7 million medical malpractice settlement
- $9 million birth injury settlement
- $7.5 million (Illinois Record Jones Act Settlement)
- $7 million wrongful death jury verdict
- $6 million medical negligence settlement
- $4.1 million (record-setting Illinois nursing home jury verdict on behalf of an 85-year-old woman injured in a nursing home when her medications were mismanaged)
- $3.6 million medical malpractice settlement for the death of a 26-year-old
- $3.3 million hospital fall case settlement
- $3 million medical malpractice settlement
- $1.55 million medical malpractice settlement
- $1.335 million verdict in a medical negligence lawsuit
- $1.175 million assisted living negligence settlement
Congratulations to Margaret on this well-deserved feature. Her ending quote speaks exactly to who she is, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to have her leadership at Levin & Perconti along with the expertise she offers supporting both her clients and other legal professionals.
“I have a way of being able to operate with a human perspective,” she says. “I can actually talk to my clients like real people, get to know them on a personal level, and make sure their stories are told the way they want them told.”
Most recently, Margaret received awards and honors as a Leading Lawyer and the Women’s Bar Association Service Award. She was also featured on September 24, 2018, in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin Column “Generation Esq.” showcasing newsworthy and interesting attorneys under 40.
To read the full 2019 feature in the Leading Lawyers Magazine, visit here.
Contact the Attorney You Want on Your Side
Our firm is located in Chicago, but Margaret handles lawsuits for clients throughout Illinois. All consultations at Levin & Perconti are free, and if we accept your case, you pay no fees unless or until we successfully resolve your matter.
Call us at 312-332-2872 or toll-free at 877-374-1417for a free consultation. You can also complete our online contact form and a personal injury lawyer at our Chicago firm will call you back.