The family of a California nursing home resident has recently filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the nursing home that failed to respond when the nursing home resident was choking. The man was a known choking risk, and the Casitas Care Center Nursing Home in Granada Hills knew of this risk. Yet, they failed to properly monitor the resident as he was eating dinner. The Casitas Care Center’s failure to properly monitor caused the resident to choke for nearly 30 minutes before paramedics were called.
Click here for the full article.