A nursing home was recently fined $50,000 after a resident choked to death while under the care of the home. After an investigation into his case, health officials concluded that his death was the result of the nursing home’s failure to properly assess his ability to consume solid foods. As a result of this nursing home negligence, he choked to death before nursing home staff could dislodge the food. The nursing home attorneys of Levin & Perconti have handled similar cases in which nursing homes failed to accommodate the special dietary of their residents, thereby leading to choking or other injuries. Click on the link to read the full account of this nursing home choking death.