Published on:

Woman Dies in Nursing Home from Salmonella

The relatives of a 72-year-old woman whose wrongful death seems to be linked to the widespread peanut butter salmonella outbreak are looking for answers. The complaint states that the woman had been temporarily staying in a nursing home died after being infected by a salmonella strain linked to the nationwide outbreak. Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections especially in the elderly with weakened immune systems. The woman had been in the nursing home trying to recuperate from cancer treatments and other ailments. Nursing homes should pull all peanut butter from their centers or they will be facing elderly neglect charges. To read more about nursing home negligence, click here.

Posted in:
Published on:
Updated:

Comments are closed.