Published on:

Mentally disabled woman chokes to death due to negligence

A 41-year-old mentally disabled woman died at a long-term care facility due to negligence. Although one-on-one supervision was ordered, the patient was allowed to be by herself numerous times during the last 16 days of her life. On one such occasion, the woman choked after getting into the facilities refrigerator. Furthermore, the nursing staff did not adequately clear the patients airway nor did they perform CPR. If the normal standards of care were met, this wrongful death may have been avoided.

Click here for the full article