Published on:

Preemie deaths in Indiana resulted from wrong dosage of medication

A third infant has died after having been given an adult dosage of blood thinner medication heparin at Methodist Hospital. The mistake was made when a pharmacy technician accidentally stored adult doses in the neonatal unit’s drug cabinet. Six infants were affected by the error, two had died previously and three others are in critical condition.

The families have retained a lawyer and will likely file a medical malpractice lawsuit.

For the full article.