Published on:

Iona Glos Specialized Living Center – Addison, IL – 4/18/05

A resident died when the facility failed to implement polices and procedures to prevent neglect to a resident. An employee mistakenly gave a resident, who was on a pureed diet, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The resident choked, went into respiratory/cardiac arrest and subsequently died. The day before his death, the resident had stolen a peanut butter sandwich from another individual and choked.

The Illinois Department of Health produces quarterly reports on nursing home violators. To access the website:

Posted in:
Published on:

Comments are closed.