Published on:

Provena St. Anne Center – Rockford, IL – 3/31/05

Fined for failure to ensure a dressing was applied to a resident’s incision to keep it clean, to document when the incision was soiled, to notify the physician of the resident’s frequent diarrhea and possible wound infection and to immediately call emergency services when her blood pressure was observed to be extremely low. The resident died due to septic shock related to a surgical site infection.

The Illinois Department of Health produces quarterly reports on nursing home violators. To access the website: http://www.idph.state.il.us/about/nursing_home_violations/quarterlyreports.htm